Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Family & Friends!


Family & Friends!
 
I miss you all so much! Life here at the CCM has been awesome! I can't believe it's already been 20 days! The time has just been flying by! Everyday is jammed packed with classes and lessons!
 
Guess what! So every week we have to prepare a 5 minute talk in Spanish with the chance that we might get called up to speak in sacrament. The main purpose of preparing the talks is so that by the time we get into the field and are ever called to share a thought in sacrament meeting we have something to say! Well, this last Sunday I had a feeling someone from our district was going to give a talk. I said a prayer in my heart during sacrament meeting asking God to please help who ever had to speak represent our district well. And right after I said that I heard my name being announced "Hermana Cornu as the last speaker". Ah, it was funny. I had prepared a talk completely in Spanish so it wasn't too nerve wracking. It was on repentance. I'll try to mail it to you later! I recieved a lot of complements on my Spanish but little did they know I just copied phrases out of my Spanish for Missionaries book! :) But honestly, what else am I supposed to do? I am now learning how to conjugate and what not. Well, I feel like I've been taught since week one but it's now all starting to click. 
 
Besides talks on Sunday we teach fake investigators lessons in Spanish a few times a week, and have to prepare lessons to teach the class. On top of learning Spanish and having every minute of the day planned out it seems a little overwhelming but I haven't gotten stressed yet. Thank goodness! I just ignore the fact I leave here in a few weeks and hope for the best! I just tell my self fear is a lack of faith. :) My companions have told me my Spanish has come a long way. I feel like it's starting to get easier, but still pray for me! I need all the help and blessings I can get! :)
 
So, once again I can barely remember all the things I wanted to tell you about that happened through out the week. Los seinto!!! Oh. One thing I wanted to mention, there are so many doves that live at the CCM! They're big, brown, beautiful doves with white strips on their wings!  And they sound like mourning doves! But their "chirp" is slightly different. I'll try to catch one and video tape it for you! Jajaja, jk! ;)
 
Also, the food here is awesome. Oh! Next week I'll send a picture of this fruit they have! I don't know it's name but it looks like frog eggs! It's awesome.
 
So I pretty much have the most amazing district ever! I seriously never stop laughing. They're so funny! I've been told by several people that they know exactly where I'm at in the CCM because they can hear my laugh. So embarrassing, but I can't help it! I just miss laughing! Hahaha :)
 
Oh Natalie! Will you forward this to Katie and Claire! I miss them dearly! With all my heart! I don't have their emails with me at the moment!
 
We got to go to the temple today! SO AMAZING! I love the temple! It truely is a house of the Lord.
 
Anywho, I love guys! Oh mi familia! So far I have mailed you two letters! Please write me a letter! Elder Netzley has been getting letters from his grandma every week and I'm starting to get jealous! Hahaha. But for real. ;) I think it takes about two weeks for the letters to get here but if you send one now I might be able to get it before I leave!
 
P.S. Can you email or mail me an English Ensign of General Conference¡?¡?¡ They're for sale here but only in Spanish. Aaaaaand I'm not quite fluent yet.
P.P.S. The vender churrors here are amazing! Filled with carmel!
 
Alright, I have to go!! I love you!
 
P.P.P.S Thanks for the email Gary! It's so good to hear from you! You too Kally Rae! You're amazing!! Love you guys!!!
 
Love,
 
Hermana Cornu
 

No comments:

Post a Comment