Thursday, August 1, 2013

First email from Peru!!

Family and Friends!!!
 
I've made it to PERU! While in the Portland airport I met Elder Vanwood and in Dallace we met up with about 20 other Elder and Sister missionaries! We also ran into a lot of returning missionaries! We didn't arrive to the CCM until about 4 a.m.! Luckiy I was able to get in a full five hours of sleep! I've gotten my name tag!!! It's officle, I am a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! Life couldn't be better!
 
While riding on bus from the aiport in Callo to the CCM in La Molina I noticed how different the houses are here. They look like little boxes of all colors and sizes stacked one on top of the other! Decorated with graffiti!
 
The showers in the CCM decide for themselves if they want to be hot or cold. Makes for interesting showers! And for breakfast we had a milky peach yogurt and cereal and a banana!
 
Oh! I have to go! I'm safe and enjoying the adventure!! I love you all!!!!!!
 
Love always,
 
Hermana Cornu

No comments:

Post a Comment